Ph.D., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA, USA, May 2008
M.S., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA, USA, May 2003
B.S., Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, June 2001
Applied Cryptography and Information Security
- Smart Grid Security
- Cloud Security
- Security and Privacy for the Internet of Things
- Computer and Network Security
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- Finite Field and Computer Arithmetic
- Data Compression
- IC Trust
EXTERNALLY FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- “Indentification, Planning, Guidance and Control of Defence, Aeronotics and Space Research and Technology Development”, PI: S. Baktir, Source: TUBITAK SAGES, 2013 - present.
- "Cryptography for Secure Digital Interaction,", PI: S. Baktir, Source: EU Horizon 2020 COST Action IC1306, 2014 - present.
- "Trustworthy Manufacturing and Utilization of Secure Devices," PI: S. Baktir, Source: EU Horizon 2020 COST Action IC1204, 2014 - present.
- “Efficient and Tamper-resilient Public Key Cryptography for Ubiquitous Computing,” PI: S. Baktir, Source: EU FP7 Marie Curie Project, 2010-2014.
- Melike Yigit, Cagri Gungor, Selcuk Baktir. Cloud Computing for Smart Grid Applications. Elsevier Computer Networks Journal 70 (2014) 312-329.
- Utku Gulen, Selcuk Baktir. Elliptic Curve Cryptography on Constrained Microcontrollers Using Frequency Domain Arithmetic. Computational Science and Its Applications, Part IV - ICCSA 2014, pp 493-506. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Nele Mentens, Lejla Batina, Selcuk Baktir. An Elliptic Curve Cryptographic Processor Using Edwards Curves and the Number Theoretic Transform. Proceedings of the International Conference on Cryptography and Information Security - BalkanCryptSec 2014. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Murat Ogul, Emin Islam Tatli, Selcuk Baktir, Selcuk Baktir. Abused Android Permissions by Advertising Networks. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS) 2014.
- Selcuk Baktir. Privacy Preserving Smart Grids in the Cloud. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS) 2014.
- Murat Ogul, Selcuk Baktir. Practical Attacks on Mobile Networks and Possible Countermeasures. Future Internet 5(4) 474-489. 2013.
- Baktir, Erkay Savas. Highly-Parallel Montgomery Multiplication for Multi-core General-Purpose Microprocessors. Springer Computer and Information Sciences, Volume III, 2013.
- Selcuk Baktir, Tansal Gucluoglu, Atilla Ozmen, Huseyin Fuat Alsan and Mustafa Can Macit. Detecting Trojans in Integrated Circuits. IEEE Proceedings of the International Symposium on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA), 2012.